Scope of the Position
Robertson Electric Wholesale is looking for a recent EIT, CET or PMP graduate with knowledge of electrical products, power and controls to join our Project Estimating team as a Quotations Specialist. The Quotations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and interpreting electrical specifications and drawing requirements for Project Quotations to ensure Robertson Electric is awarded the highest percentage of Project work available in our market place. They are to drive process excellence to ensure correct costs and product match the specified project requirements. Upon job reward they are to facilitate project hand off to project contract managers for execution.
- Convert written specifications and construction drawings into quotations;
- Determine most cost effective options to meet project specifications.
- Receiving requests and responding to inquiries from customers
- Meets with vendors/suppliers to build strong and profitable relationships that benefit the company and gives vendors/suppliers incentive to drive more project opportunities to Robertson Electric.
- Maintain proper files for product quotes within company quotations program.
- Communicates critical information to purchasing and field associates that request information pertaining to vendors, products, pricing and competitors.
Skills and Qualifications
- EIT, CET or PMP graduate or 3 years’ experience in related field
- Strong knowledge of electrical products, power and controls
- Exceptional communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent time management/organizational skills with ability to meet important deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite, File Maker, AS400)
A few reasons why it’s great to work for us
- Robertson Electric Wholesale is an established and fast growing company
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in Canada. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON with branches across Canada and approximately 250 employees and growing! Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve.
Robertson Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be informed that the position is contingent upon successful completion of a Mandatory Criminal background check.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time